Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sitting in the Dark

Good Morning to all! My fur babies have once again woken me long before the sun is up, but for once-instead of turning on the lights and getting my day started with chores, the news, etc..I have taken some time to sit on the back porch and just sit and listen..listen to the frogs, the rustling of the tall grass, the dripping of water (as it rained last night), the soft pitter patter of cat feet and soft meows as they express the pure joy of rolling around on the floor in the screened in porch, and enjoying the feel of soft dog ears as they push their heads into my hands to be petted. This is my absolute favorite time of the day, me and the critters, and time..time to think or just enjoy, as I have this morning the creation that is earth and to appreciate all that God has provided. Life is not always easy, but somehow, someway He always brings us through- through heartache, tears, disappointments, and dare I say- even anger, and provides for us to become stronger and more resilient for what life and this society throws at us.

Today I feel blessed to have a couple of friends that I have had for years and for a couple of friendships that are relatively new and in the discovery stage- these relationships are so very important in the lives of women. I love my husband and am so very grateful for the man that he is, but us women have a different need for connection, ones that only good girlfriends can fill. As I have gotten older I have come to realize in these relationships it is definitely not quantity, but quality and I feel so blessed when a woman is put in my life by God with whom I have an instant connection with..it is not very often, but when it happens it is amazing, an He always knows when to do so...

Though I have a lot to do with school and the house, today I am going to make a conscious effort to be aware of the beauty that is in front of me..you would think that still being home-bound after surgery that I would be doing this a lot, but that is not the case..there are some days that my face is in the books or in the computer so much the only time I go outdoors is to mindlessly open the back door for dogs-today I will spend time outdoors, as much as the weather permits to hear the happy frogs..I urge each of you to take some time time for yourselves before the new week is off and running!

I wish each of you a blessed and peaceful Sunday..share your smile with all that you see!

Until tomorrow, 

FSF




No comments:

Post a Comment