Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Sometimes lists get int the way!!

Good Morning to you all! We are slowly but surely ending this week..at least here in Germany ..as it is Friday morning and I am happy to report that tomorrow I drive home and be with my husband and 4 footed kids for a few days at least!! The past 2 weeks have been a bit crazy as far as what I have gotten accomplished..my Mom has always said that I tend to thrive when things ae super busy and hectic..this is indeed true..So past 2 weeks..lots of prayers, 2 Nursing certification courses, 1 course for work, finished up my second course for my MA, started the next 2, took a personality assessment, completed 2 books (really should have set my 2015 goal with Goodreads higher!!).. started 4 more, a shopping evening, a day trip to France, a day to myself exploring Kaiserslautern, a few workouts, several sleepless nights, time with co workers who have become good friends, enjoying being able to wash and dry my clothes in a period of about an hour..this is for those of you who live in Germany and also use drying racks most of the time!! 
Needless to say I am ready to get home but have a great feeling of accomplishment and even a bit of increased self confidence as there were a few times where I thought to myself..there is just no way..but stayed on track regardless..BUT..what did have to go out the window were my lists of what I wanted to get done everyday..I am a list maker and love to be able to check items off..half is because I am older now and I need reminders and half is because I am also a touch complusive with a bit of perfectionist mixed in..sometimes not a good combo!! Regardless, I started the 2 weeks with a long list for everyday..and got frustrated because I was not checking all of the boxes..therefore beginning to feel like a bit of a failure with every passing day..finally after about a week and a half of this I gave up on the lists and bam-some of the stess I was putting on myself disappeared and as a result..more productivity, esp outside of the work setting. Will I give up my lists? No way, but this episode has taught me a valuable lesson that sometimes what I expect out of myself just should not be listed-as what I check off does not define my productivity and success for that day. One of the books I am now reading is Joel Osteen's "How to be Happier..Everyday a Friday"..every morning a chapter before I start my real day during what I call my Inspirational time-coffee, reading, thanking God for the amazing things He does!-in Chapter 5 I read this passage..Don't let yourself become so focused, so driven, so busy with what you do each day, that you miss the miracles along the way.--fitting for I would safely say quite a few of us, a simple sentence but a great reminder.
So, I wish you all an amazing day, don't forget to share your smile!!

            Happy are those who take life day by day, complain very little, and are thankful for the little things in life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment