Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Expand your Mind!

Good Morning to everyone!

I started the day with some exercises, writing in my journal, reading, and eating a "throw back"  breakfast of Cream of Wheat..it has been years..made it with almond milk, golden raisins, and a smidgen of real butter..was so good-like a hug from the inside out! The weather here today is stormy and heavy rains are expected, makes me want to crawl back under the covers, but I have a few things to accomplish today before I will allow myself that luxury. Even though I am on "home bound" status during this post op period there are still things that have to be done to stay on track for both NP school and the leadership course I am in. Too bad I am not yet able to walk without the help of this knee scooter, there are a couple of closets upstairs that I am wanting to organize- the wrapping closet and the gift closet. LIFE HACK tip here- start buying after Christmas to get great deals on gift sets and winter items for next year. I personally shop clearance sales all year long to keep my gift closet stocked..makes birthdays, etc..easy and big celebrations such as Christmas fairly painless as far as the shopping rush and expense.

During some of my reading this morning I came across a quote that resonated with me ..

" A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions"- Oliver Wendell Holmes

This prompted me to think of my experience when writing a history paper yesterday (part of the leadership course)- I have to admit that I spent a fair amount of time yesterday being a bit grumpy that I had to write said paper but got it completed and submitted-ahead of schedule even! Anyway, during my morning read when I came across this quote, it made me stop and think for a minute that I should actually be grateful to learn something that I would not normally seek out. It makes us more well rounded, and even able to have conversations that we wouldn't have been able to engage in before when we learn something new and step outside of our comfortable bubbles and routine interests. Moral of this story- from now on I will be grateful for learning requirements, even if not in my primary area of interest!

This sparked me to make a list of learning goals for this year:

vegan cooking/baking
increase German language skills
learn Spanish
learn how to sew
increase my computer skills
learn how to paint
learn how to make and cultivate a herb garden in pots

I wish you all a blessed day and one filled with opportunities to learn even 1 new thing!

FSF

PS..would love to read about what you would like to learn this year..feel free to type a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment