Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Friday, January 25, 2019

Life is complicated..let's work on making it simpler!

Goodness.it is already almost noon! Have spent the day with changing the dressing to my foot..post op day # 10..whoop whoop..I am ready to get back to functional! And some other stuff like reading, eating a healthy breakfast, playing with my grand-baby, etc... However, I am so relieved to actually have time for all of my coursework these days..so I consider myself blessed for not only the ability to take the time to hopefully end up with a functional/pain free foot, but also to have time to do what I need to and want to do..

The above fat cat is Marli Queen of Everything..she is 1 of 4 rescues (2 cats, 2 dogs) that allow us humans to reside with them..it is her snuggling up on my lap and giving me cat nuzzles this morning that inspired this post..along with the reading from my Simple Abundance book that a dear friend gave me for my birthday this past year..so here is quote from the book that I thought you would enjoy..

Year by year the complexities of this spinning world grow more bewildering and so each year we need all the more to seek peace and comfort in the joyful simplicities. 
-Woman's Home Companion 1935

Can you only imagine what the author would think of the world today in 2019? Such a fitting view they had even back then..the fact that life is crazy and can get so very complicated before we even know what is going on ...my wish for each of you today is that you are able to find 5 to 15 minutes to just sit and appreciate the view-even if it needs to be done behind closed eyes if you are not able to go outdoors. 

What can you do to make life simpler? I have never been much of one to hold onto stuff, so de-cluttering is not really where I need to focus is on making whole foods and turning my home and yard into an oasis- how can that make life simpler you ask? By bringing a sense of peace and calm- my job is pretty high on the stress ladder, and my quest for higher education also brings a certain amount of stress with it- especially as I watch the student loan totals rise, but both bring a high level of satisfaction also- I need our home to be a place where I cannot wait to be, a place where the rest of the world disappears, and all is good.. one of my learning goals for this year is how to build and cultivate a herb garden in pots/containers- simple life- home cooked food, getting my hands in the dirt, NOT having to depend on a trip to the grocery store to supply us with fresh herbs..setting up my craft/sewing room- letting my creative juices run free, surrounded by items that bring only joy! See where I am going with this? What would help simplify your life? Feel free to leave a comment regarding if moved to do so-who knows who you will inspire!!

Wishing each of you a blessed day!

FSF
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment