Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Healthy eating..the colors of the rainbow!!


 Hello to everyone!! So..as I was preparing my after workout shake (see pink smoothie pic!!)..frozen mixed berries, coconut milk, 2 scoops protein powder and greek yogurt..super thick and creamy..makes you feel like you are eating something that can't be good for you!! I got to thinking about what my next trip to the grocery store needed to consist of..the loaded down basket and reusable grocery bags is what my last trip looked like..and what is pretty normal for the spring summer months but after having a quick nutritional conversation with a friend this morning..okay..it was more like an SMS conversation..but at any rate.. the moral of the story was that more fresh greens and other colorful veggies need to be brought into the mix..I am starting to venture into the land of green smoothies..see pic below!! and will be doing some experimenting over the next few days..I downloaded a green smoothie recipe book a few days ago but was a little disappointed as some of the recipes have some pretty abstract ingrediants that just can't be found here at a local grocery store..so..time to make it up as I go along!!
I have become a pretty big fan of Cous Cous lately also, like rice it is a very adaptable grain-you can add veggies, dried fruit, meat, tofu..whatever you want to come up with your own taste masterpeice..instead of plain water to prepare either rice or cous cous with I use vegtable broth to add more flavor during the cooking process. It gives it more depth and makes me feel like I am eating something heartier without having to add a sauce. As you all can see..I am a BIG smoothie fan..one of my weaknesses in life is Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream and to satisfy this need for this particular consistancy frozen bananas or yogurt blended with another frozen fruit hits the spot..but in the middle of the day when I have the need to chew on something I try to keep it to sliced veggies, raw nuts, and boiled aggs..without yolks these days..are also a staple. As far as this super refreshing green beauty I made up last night..it consists of fresh spinach, grated coconut, apples, mango, an orange, flax seed, and a handful of fresh herbs from our herb garden, I used coconut milk as the base liquid. Even my husband who is not such a smoothie freak tried it and was suprised that it actually tasted good!
                                                                               
I wish you all a day filled with laughter, good health, plenty of energy..don't forget to drink your water and share your smile!!
!


No comments:

Post a Comment