Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Friday, October 2, 2015

Good stuff in..Good stuff out!!


WooHoo..on day two of life transformation..and due to kicking my metabolism into HIGH gear first thing in the morning yesterday, changing the way I eat, and hydrating- the scale read 71.0 Kg this morning-this my dear friends and readers is a weight loss of 2.4 lbs in 24 hours. Yes, I know for the most part it is water weight but it gives me incentive and motivation to keep this momentum up!! 1 day at a time, 1 step at a time, 1 drop of sweat at a time!!
 Pictured above is my breakfast, not only for nutrition but for my heart and soul. I know everyone who treads FSF may not be so spiritual, but God has done amazing things in my life and blessed me to be where I am today-life is not all rainbows and roses, but I am grateful my life and the wonderful people and opportunities He has put in it and sharing these things with all of you is part of my journey to becoming healthier--both inside and out!!

This was last nights dinner-plant based, zero animal products, and about 250 calories per serving. I have previously mentioned the magazine Slowly Veggie here before , it is becoming my "go to" for yummo recipes that do not contain meat-some like this last night are pure Vegan. 
 
Ingrediants:
2 yellow onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 zuccini
2 eggplants
5 tomatoes
2 bell peppers (I used 1 red and 1 yellow)
 olive oil
tomato paste



   salt-pepper-smoked paprika
  fresh rosemary                                                                                                     
  fresh thyme
  4 medium potatoes    
  A plant based cream to brown the potatoes in      
 Vegtable based broth (200 ml) 
                                                                                                      
                                                                                                       
           Boil potatoes until fork tender, drain and set aside.

            Heat olive oil, fine chop garlic and onions, cook until tender, add all veggies except

            for tomatoes (they go in last), cook while stirring about 8 minutes, add tomatoes,

            spices, tomato paste, and vegtable broth, smimmer on med heat for several minutes

            until veggies are tender and most of the liquid has cooked off-NOTE-most, not all!!

            Cut potatoes into wedges, heat plant based cream until clear, add potatoes, season

            with salt and pepper to taste-(I threw in a bit of fresh rosemary to tie them in with

            the other part of the dish), cook until brown.

            Serve as seen in the pic below-this was inexpensive, took about 30 minutes,

            attractive on th plat, very low in calories, and used seasonal products.
                       

       The weather here is cooler than yesterday, have had to start a fire but it is invigorating!! Enjoy your day, stay motivated, fit movement in wherever and whenever you can--and most importantly-Don't forget to share your smile!!
                          


No comments:

Post a Comment