Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

We made it!!

Good Morning all..today is the last day of our first 2 week on campus block for PA School, and let me tell you..our brains are jam packed full of bits and hours of knowledge that they keep telling us will sort itself out and in a year or so we will look back and laugh at how overwelmed we felt within these 2 weeks???? My thoughts on that is I am not holding my breath..but maintaining (or at the minimum trying really hard to) a positve attitude and praying for the best and that they indeed are correct. I have experienced plenty of moments during this time in Rheine where I have began to panic..esp in the course times where we are quote unquote reveiwing Chemistry as I have never before seen it..but patience, perserverance,  lack of sleep..along with lots of support from the poor people in our lives that are going to have to live with us through this time period..and the support systems we will build with our classmates will get us through..I have decided though, that as far as all of the travel that I get to do and all of the extras that go with my position in the USAR are going to pretty much have to come to a halt..I need to start spending more time in one place and not living out of a suitcase every month..it is all very interesting and I get to meet lots of people and even have some fun but in the long run it will put more stress on my plate than I need within the next few years..on another note though..we continue to play the waiting game to see if my nursing education and years of experience will be recognized here in Deutschland..and if not the situation and choices and goals that I have set will take on a entirely new aspect..but as always..praying and hoping that will also work out and they say 'of course you can be a nurse in your new country'!!
I must say though..I have come to enjoy Rheine, it is a great place to put on your running shoes and explore ..the houses surrounding the hospital are absolutely gorgeous and with the weather starting to change I am looking forward to being here when the days are longer as the city is built around the Ems river and I look forward to going running there..as always there are tons of dogs out walking their owners on most days..makes me wish that I could bring our 2 with me..or at the very least our sweet Marli cat who has been reportedly terrorizing the guys at home since I have been gone..Matthias reminds me gently almost everyday that we talk that he is ready for me to be home so that the critters will be back to normal..I cannot help it that they are super spoiled! :D As far as dalton..he is I am sure getting ready in his mind to get on a plane and start his new chapter in life as soldier..don't tell anyone but the tears have already started on his mom's side..not that I am sad but just so proud..and as he is the last to be leaving home it is a new emotional experience for me..esp since we live so far from where he will be..and the same goes for Trevor..it is not like they can come home every weekend to eat or bring their laundry for me to wash..I have finally found a rhythm here in Deutschland but being able to be there for the little things sometimes makes me a little on the sad side..not so much being as people say.. 'homesick' but another feeling that I cannot really put my finger on. But, as we say in the South..I have made my bed and now I have to lie in it...not in a bad way, but my opinions there are always consequences that come with the decisions we make in our lives and for me..no longer living in the states close to my family is one of the consequences of my decision to marry Matthias and move to Deutschland..and I must say..that was one of the best decisions I have ever made..So..time to organize for the day..empty the room of my belongings and get ready for 8 hours of learning fun...Have a great friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment