Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Just hanging out!!

Good Morning all...well, day after foot surgery and for me that means a forced break in my somewhat crazy schedule and about 2.5 weeks to hang out at home and not be terribly productive outside of course work for my MSN and doing a whole lot of reading and writing. Also means tons of cuddle time with my 4 footed kids which is sooooo very good for the soul!! I must say, yesterday after the surgery I had pretty much no pain but this morning is a little bit of a different story..I am hoping the prescribed Ibuprofen does the trick. Have taken advantage of a quiet house this morning and written a couple of emails and doing some journaling..also read a few inspirational emails that I recieve on a regular basis. One of them included this passage from the author..

" Perhaps your roadblocks aren't roadblocks at all, but rather new beginnings in disguise. Perhaps your missteps are actually opportunities for growth, greater closeness with God, or a nudge to take a leap of faith."

As I have been really struggling with some issues as mentioned in the previous post, I find it interesting that passages like this one seem to appear just when needed. Our God works in amazing ways when we open our hearts and minds to him. Yes, sometimes we are tested but with faith and letting him work in our lives things seem to always work out... maybe not in the timeframe we want or exactly how we expected but always as we need.

Being home makes me want to hop on my treadmill, turn on some music and sweat but none of that for a minimum of 3 months..ugh..for a non runner I am missing it, will have my husband at least bring the hand weights and balance ball downstairs so all will not go to flab as things seem to do when we are a tick over 40!!

So, time to get dressed for my f/u appt..the nurse yesterday said no shower but we will just have to see about that..a plastic bag and duct tape works wonders!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment