Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Friday, May 16, 2014

Did it.....

Hello to you all..took a break yesterday..the sun is shining and have been spending alot of time outside..thought I would fade under weather induced depression for a minute there..no joke. But now, slowly the mood of the sky is changing and mine is becoming more positive with every passing hour..so positive in fact that I took a big step and had my hair cut this morning..short, well.a short bob but short enough where Matthias said it would take him awhile to get used to it. Me, personally I love it..well worth the time invested at the salon. Will be posting some new pics tomorrow..most likely later in the day..So, started the day with a good workout while watching a fashion channel, nothing like getting inspired to run a little faster and longer than watching pencial thin 17 year olds struting on the catwalk..
Started reading a new book today..Joyce Meyer's 'God is not mad at you'..within the first chapter had recognized myself and the place in my mind where I am trying really hard to get out of..always striving to be better because where and who I am is not good enough..for those of you out there are also 'Perfectionists' you know what I am talking about.. we put way too much stress and expectations on ourselves and are ALWAYS our own worst critics and enemies.. this leads to a vicious cicle that keeps on going, until we make a conscious decision to break the cycle or something horrible happens that alters our lives.. Let me clarify this , I am speaking for myself here, as I am in no sense of the word a mental health professional..at any rate..it is a lot of work and takes a lot of energy to dig down deep within yourself to change the way you think, the habits that have developed over a lifetime..what has helped me is prayers, journaling, creating, and spending a lot of time doing what my husband describes as 'coming down from my life'..this has included giving some things up..things that kept me busy but were not needed for us to live and in fact caused more stress, learning how to sit still for periods of time (other than when I was asleep),realizing or should I say learning to understand that other people's actions are not a result of my decisions and taking better care of myself..reading, hanging out with the critters, facials, drinking lots of water..
So..lots of introspection today but it as been a good one..looking forward to the weekend with the hubby!! Bis Morgen..

No comments:

Post a Comment