Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Images of Ostfriesland..from a bike..


As promised...images from where I now call home..taken over 2 different days which happened to be fabulous weather. We live in a small village here..or as we say auf Deutsch..Wir wohnen auf dem Land..and on days like this I am happy to be here. Today we rode our bikes for 37 kilometers and then came home and fired up the grill.
We are lucky to live here as many people come here during this time of year on vacation, we are close to the North Sea and the islands..but no palm trees here!! But as you can see below plenty of sea gulls!!
The rock formation below is called Upstalsboom,it was built in 1833 but the place and it's purpose has been the same for hundreds of years..it was where the leaders of Ostfriesland would gather to discuss village happenings, rules, etc. before modern society, first meeting took place in 1200..pretty darn cool..if you like the whole history thing which I do... The individual areas in Deutschland have sayings attached to their names ..mottos..if you will.. here it is Friesiche Freiheit..Friesiche Freedom.
 So..I am going to clear the table..take a shower and fall into hopefully will be a deep sleep in a couple of hours..it has been a long but very good day with my hubby!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend..and for those in the states, tomorrow is Memorial Day..enjoy the time away from work but please remember those who served and gave their lives so we could know freedom...







No comments:

Post a Comment