Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Monday..already??

Good morning to you all..sorry haven't been on Fluffy for a few days..am feeling a bit overwhelmed and as a result have spent some time totally just vegging out on the couch.Am getting ready to head back to Kaiserslautern and then 2 other stops within a week & a half period of time , then home for a few days and then off to go skiing!! Very excited about that as we need a vacation pretty bad in this household..lots of stress last year..time for some fun, along with lots of hard work and some pretty major changes this year. As, the snow began a few days ago, we have been spending quite a bit of time shoveling the white stuff, not only from our driveway but also from my husband's grandparents driveway..I had previously not had the need to do this very often and find it interesting that it has the same effects as running..you kind of get into a rhythm and it makes it..okay..this sounds crazy..a bit relaxing. okay, since I am a bit older now..my back does not always thank me afterwards but there is something about the serenity of the white, calm, quiet landscape and the fresh air..and I have to say, yesterday as I was walking the dogs..the neighbors who usually just turn their noses up at me when I say Hello actually responded back..maybe that it the secret here..snow on a Sunday morning!! or maybe it is the fact that we were all industrious enough to be outside when we really did not have to be..who knows, I will take whatever it was and be happy with it.
Saw on facebook this morning that some of our soldiers will be leaving..some to go back to the states, a couple on deployments..that is the hard thing #1 about living so far from the unit..you don't really get to stay in touch with what is going on in the military community and #2 the longer I am in the military..esp the reserves I am learning how quickly thew face of our unit changes, people who you grow to like and respect, whose families you get to know..most of them will go on to other assignments, to live in other places..I am finding the older I get these changes affect me differently..maybe it is because most of these soldiers are younger and as I get to know them I feel protective of them, as they are our responsibility..even though most of them have way more knowledge and a lot more time in the military than I do..at anyrate, I stand in awe of them and the choices they have made to be so young and so brave, with young children and their entire lives in front of them and the awesome opportunities they have..hat off to you guys..this includes the girls..know that you have all made a difference and we are proud!!
So, once more to put some warm clothes on and start this day..with the snow of course!! have a great Monday and be blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment