Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Why is it???

Good afternoon all. Why is it that when people think that something you want to do may negetively affect them in the sense of more responsibility for example..at home with taking care of the house, etc they really have no interest in helping you with small things as how to write a letter of application in Deutsch?? To make a long story short, my husband can for the life of him not understand why I want to go to PA school and go back to work in the hospital setting and as part of my admissions packet to the school I have to write a letter of intent, well, of course it needs to be in German..auf Deutsch.. and he has no patience to help me with it. Why?? you ask my dear readers..because some people find it hard to grasp the concept that I am not completely happy being a housewife, it is in my blood to be busy, to help others and to learn on a continuous basis. Since expressing my intent I have been met with mixed feeelings here in what is now my home..1 family member thinks it is fabulous, and the rest think it is somewhat insane since I am now ..gasp..a very old 43..what is making me a very old 43 is the fact that I have become stagnet here and I have no outlet for my real personality..which is, I am proud to say..completely type A and a bit of a perfectionist. Where I ask you can that be better expressed than in an Emergency Room setting? Now, don't get me wrong I am so very blessed to have the option to stay home and not HAVE to work to make ends meet and put food on the table like before,but I have had my timeout from the professional healthcare life and I am more than ready to reenter it.Does this make me a bad person because I want to learn more and reach outside of the box? In my opinion no, absolutely not. In my previously life I earned 2 degrees, raised 2 kiddos alone, worked, and managed a household. I think that it should not be a problem now that my kids are grown and I am married. This may sound like kind of a gripefest because, well.., because I guess it is. This has been chewing on me for a couple of days now and I decided that writing it is better than verbally throwing it out there and ending up a bit more ticked off than I already am abut the whole in the box way of thinking issue. Besides, how awesome is it that I have a chance to get a degree in Europe? How many people not born and raised here get that chance? I find it to bea perfect opportunity that I would be a fool to turn down. 
At anyrate, life is good and we are blessed. Thanks for listening by the way ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment