Translate

About Me

My photo
Faith, Belief, Serenity..these are the things that keep me going..Hello there, my name is Tiffany..or aka as Fluffy..I am 49 and counting, child of our amazing God, Mimi, wife, mom, daughter, nurse, and am on a not so straight path to make this life the best it can possibly be. Not only for myself, but I hope by sharing my personal journey to inspire other women with a daily infusion of God's Word, positivity, and a few health and wellness tips along the way!! Be Blessed and make the day as amazing as you are!!!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Jesus is the real reason for the season!




Good evening all, sorry for the delay but as you have come to notice my time spent in Kaiserslautern with not only my coworkers, fellow soldiers, and my second family is pretty darned busy..not so much time with a relaxed cup or 2 of coffee while I write Fluffy entries..however, it is now Sunday evening and we are done for the weekeend except for washing clothes, repacking and getting a good nights sleep before heading home in the morning. We spent a couple of hours at the Kaiserslautern Weihnachts Markt yesterday evening and I wanted to share some of the pics with you all..including one of my son consuming 1 of 3 dinner items..okay, when eating at the Markts all over Deutschland you do not consume dinner but several tasty items that when combined with a Glühwein..which as mentioned in a previous post is a red wine with spices and sometimes an extra shot of say Rum..served hot..well, here we consider it to take the place of dinner, and if you start early enough..it can also serve as a late lunch..anyway one of the absolute joys of living here esp during the holiday season!
We had our holiday party this afternoon, good fellowship and a great chance for us to get most of our families together..and of course after a weekend of Army imersion for my son he finished out the weekend by meeting the General of our command here in Europe, I do not know about him but if I was in his shoes I would think this was a pretty cool way to end the day..and I have to say I was proud for him to meet all of the others that I see not often enough that mean so much to me. Funny thing about being in my situation here, it is kind of like I lead 2 lives, my German life when I am at home and my American life when I come here..and even though sometimes to be honest it can be difficult and a bit frustrating I could not imagine my life any other way and I leave here every month inspired and energized by the people I work with, not only the ones my age or even a bit older due to their wisdom and experience but esp by those who are young and have made such a commitment and work so hard for what they believe in , their families, and their goals..sometimes it is still so impressive for me to think that I am lucky enough to be a part of something so much bigger than myself.
Okay, enough warm fuzzies, fact is I am blessed, blessed to have the opportunities that I do, blessed to have 2 wonderful sons that even though we have stumbled along the way we have picked ourselves up and I am super proud of the choices they are making and the men they are becoming, and blessed to have such an incredible husband who sometimes has to stand on the sidelines and watch as those of us who tend to be a bit louder, a bit more pushy, a bit more direct plow thru our lives and are able to reach our goals because he is our solid rock of support that loves us no matter what and supports us no matter what.
Time to close out my day, may God blees you all and we will talk again on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment